Sunday 27 May 2012

Transmogrifying the women of DC comics

Image
I love comics. I have a monstrous stash of comics carefully bagged, boarded, boxed and stacked in my closet. It runs in the family -- my father collected comics when he was a kid, and he has a particularly painful tale of how he collected Superman from day one. He actually owned Action Comics #1. However, when he left home and joined the military, his mother (bless her heart) decided to throw away all his old comics while cleaning house. Sometimes my dad looks at what that #1 issue sells for today, and he gets a little sick to his stomach.

However, while I do enjoy reading Marvel, I have to say I'm a DC comics girl at heart -- much to my father's dismay. Last time, we looked at ways to transmogrify characters into beloved comic book figures and tried our hand at transmogrifying looks for some of the Avengers. Well this week, it's the ladies turn. While we can't get exact replicas of many of the DC comics sets, I've tried to put together three looks here that recall some of DC comic's most heroic and devilish women.

Continue reading Transmogrifying the women of DC comics

Filed under:

Transmogrifying the women of DC comics originally appeared on WoW Insider on Thu, 24 May 2012 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/transmogrifying-the-women-of-dc-comics/

news auto sport medical

No comments:

Post a Comment