Wednesday 1 June 2011

Brandon McCarthy: 10 MLB Player Twitter Accounts You Should Be Following

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Bleacher Report asking me to write a few articles for the site. Apparently they found my Twitter account "funny" and wanted to see if that would carry over to pieces that were more than 140 characters.

I'm pretty sure it won't, due to a crushing lack of self-confidence, but I'll give it a shot.

On the outside, Twitter and athletes seem like a match made in heaven. The idea of being able to connect with fans directly, give your own updates, set stories straight and show your true personality seems like a dream scenario for pro athletes, who always feel misrepresented. But because athletes, and more specifically baseball players, have a general fear of the Internet, the love connection has been slow to form.

Thankfully, that's starting to change.

So with that in mind, I've come up with a list of the 10 MLB Twitter accounts that you have* to follow.

* You really don't have to follow any of these because, to be honest, this list is poorly researched and you'd be better served reading The Onion. My laziness really had a chance to shine as I researched this, so basically it's a list of people I've played with or know personally, with a few others sprinkled in.

Begin Slideshow

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/714210-brandon-mccarthy-10-mlb-player-twitter-accounts-you-should-be-following

sport sport medical sport news

No comments:

Post a Comment