Friday 30 December 2011

UFC 141 Odds: Brock Lesnar Will Upset Alistair Overeem

Brock Lesnar will steal your money if you bet against him.

The former UFC heavyweight champion may be an underdog to Alistair Overseem, but that won’t keep him from being the last one standing on Friday night.  According to Bovado, Overeem is a -130 favorite over Lesnar, but avoiding a wrestling match against the former NCAA Champion would be a wise decision as Odds Shark’s Jack Randall writes…

“The chances that Lesnar is able to get this fight to the ground are very real, and if he does he will pay off at MMA odds of +125 for the upset.  If he has improved his standup over the last year it could end up being a good battle between two elite athletes.  Lesnar has been out of action for over a year and could show up rusty.”

While Lesnar’s wrestling ability should be feared, at the same time he shouldn’t be doubted because of rust.  He told MMA Weekly all the way back in August how primed he was to get back in the octagon after his successful surgery saying…

“I feel like a new man, healthy, strong, I feel like I used to feel.  My health is 100 percent, I feel great, my motivation is there and I want to get on the map again.  I want to become the UFC heavyweight champion again, and I believe I will do that.”

That doesn’t sound like a fighter that needs a warm-up bout to regain his dominance.  And again, he said that over four months ago.

Now, Overeem is extremely accomplished as a former Strikeforce Heavyweight, Dream Heavyweight and K-1 Kickboxing World Champion.  While Lesnar realistically has no shot to upset Overeem standing up, all it would take is for the wrestler to get him on the ground.

David Daniels is a Featured Columnist at Bleacher Report and a syndicated writer.


Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1004196-ufc-141-odds-brock-lesnar-will-upset-alistair-overeem

news auto sport medical

No comments:

Post a Comment